Wednesday, January 20, 2010

and so it begins

I registered www.museumofcuriosities.com after getting an epiphany of sorts during a Schubert piano concert at the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum. Really it was just an idea, which was to create a small museum of oddities, with an art gallery and attached store selling interesting things. I've always loved all sorts of museums, but especially odd small ones. Ideally it would be in an old house. But while finding an old house with commercial zoning in an accessible location in Boston MIGHT be possible, chances are slim it would be anywhere close to affordable. Rents are steep here.
And there's another issue, a big one - where and how will I acquire all these curiosities?
While I keep an eye out for the right spot, I will collect things (much to my partner's dismay).
And in the mean time I will blog to keep the idea alive (as I tend to drop most of my ideas like used tissues).
Once I was told a story of a man who grew up with a father that insisted all the children would share something that they learned that day at the dinner table. If he hadn't learned anything of interest, he would go to the encyclopedia and search until he found something he could share. He continued this habit all his life, which kept up his love for learning.
You can see where I'm going with this, right? I'm going to try and learn something new everyday, and post it here on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment